Pages

Monday, November 7, 2011

Star Wars Challenge Day 7

Back to the bad guys - favorite Sith!  Mwahahaha!

Yes, well, let's get on to the post.

My favorite Sith is Count Dooku.

wookieepedia
 "Twice the pride, double the fall."

On day three I said that I liked Vader, even though he was a bad guy, because he had good in him, was good once, and had an awesome voice.  Dooku pretty much fits into those three as well.

He was definitely good once - he was a highly respected Jedi Master.  Jude Watson's The Legacy of the Jedi has a part that shows him as a Padawan, and another when he is training Qui-Gon, something I would love to see more of.

Does he still have good in him?  I can't say for sure.  In the Revenge of the Sith novel he almost seems a little fond of Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon's Padawan, and wishes that he was the one to become a Sith rather than Anakin.  Of course, he still tries to kill Obi-Wan so I'm not sure how valid this argument would be.

But his voice.  Wow.  Just amazing.  Christopher Lee is one of my favorite actors mostly because of his voice.

Something interesting about Dooku is how close his story is to Saruman's in LotR, and not just because they are played by the same actor.  In a nutshell...


"Gandalf! You have fought gallantly! Worthy of recognition in the archives of Minas Tirith. Surrender, and your lives will be spared."

"The Dark Side of the Force pierces all - cloud, shadow, earth, and flesh."

Saruman: *into the Palantir* "I have good news for you, my Lord.  The war has begun."
Sauron: "Excellent.  Everything is going as planned."

"Dooku!  Your lightsaber is broken!"

7 comments:

  1. Count Dooku my foot, that's SARUMAN and he will always be just that! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. One word: L.O.L.

    Thanks girl! :D :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent post, Arda. Made me laugh :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just saw the Fellowship Saturday. I had known that Saurman was played by Christopher Lee, but I didn't know how similar the parts were.
    Actually, when Gandalf first greeted Saruman, I almost said, "Count Dooku!) (a la obi-Wan from Ep. II). =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great that you saw FotR! :D Haha yeah, for me it's the opposite - I'll always think of Dooku as Saruman. :)

      Delete