Pages

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Star Wars Challenge Day 24

"A character you dislike."

I guess that would be Captain Panaka.

wookieepedia
Sorry to all who like him, but I was pretty indifferent on him in The Phantom Menace, and found out from Wookieepedia that he told Palpatine about Anakin and Padme's marriage (giving Palpatine the means to lure Anakin to the dark side) and he joined the Empire.  So I'm definitely not crazy about him (except his hat, which is cool).

But this post would not be complete if I did not mention Governor Tarkin.

wookieepedia
He's the guy I love to hate.  Tarkin is one of the more ruthless bad guys in Star Wars, and the fact that he was okay blowing up an entire planet, killing billions of innocent people, is revolting.  He used to be my least favorite character, but I was impressed with how he was done in The Clone Wars (just like how a younger Tarkin would be, I thought), that I started to *grumble* not mind him quite as much. *grumblegrumble*

So that's my story.  And now I'm going to have their pictures on the front page of my blog for days.  Ah well.

Speaking of Tarkin, here's a fun parody of Be Our Guest:


May the Lord be with you!

4 comments:

  1. I'm neutral when it comes to Panaka. I don't love him or hate him.

    I love to hate Tarkin too. He's so good at being evil, it's just great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I don't like Panaka either! Or Tarkin- but he was done very well *nodnod*

    You always post the best SW videos..... xD

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know that Captain Panaka did that! My brother and I used to call him Captain Pajamas because we didn't know how to say Panaka. LOL

    ReplyDelete