Some highlights of this year:
- Recorded song covers for Facebook
- Started a Midsomer Murders blog in April and posted every day since then
- Sang in a concert
- Worked through my store's closing
- Sewed around 15 things (5 characters, 10 from patterns)
- Visited Shena and Misty in real life (best weekend ever)
- Went on a road trip with Mom to the beach
- Was introduced to some great music and picked up the ukulele again
- Watched Inspector Lewis (and read all the fanfiction), Foyle's War, Midsomer Murders and parts of Poirot
- Had some really good times (in person and online) with friends
- Came out of this year stronger and ready for a new year
Last year's resolutions:
Get back to learning Spanish - did a bit here and there, but still a work in progress
Write (and possibly post) fanfiction - wrote some things that aren't great but nice to do for fun, and edited one that I am very close to posting online, and will hopefully in the next few days
Assess my blogs and possibly improve them - I kind of informally decided to stop Riddles in the Dark, because my writing was feeling repetitive and it was hard to come up with ideas. I still love Gollum, so if I feel re-inspiried one day I'll go back to it (I have some ideas to improve it, but need the inspiration first). For this one, I'm going to keep doing what I'm doing for now, posting when I feel inspired and have time at the same time (why do those not like to happen simultaneously?).
Read more - maybe do a reading challenge - I may have kind of accepted that reading books just isn't easy for me right now, but I did read an Inspector Morse novel, part of Mansfield Park, and might have tried a couple others earlier in the year. Right now I'm reading a book about the history behind Foyle's War and it's interesting so hopefully I can finish that!
This year's resolutions:
I don't really have personal goals beyond being okay while doing things which is hard to quantify, so I'll make these more creative goals.
- Post another fanfic (in addition to the one mentioned above which will hopefully be this week)
- Do at least 3 song "collabs" (whether with another person or me recording multiple parts)
- Read two books to the end (let's set the bar low)
- Keep working on Spanish
- Learn something new or improve something I'm new to (creation-wise, like ukulele or video editing)
A few days ago, I saw a tumblr post that said "2015 was my character development year which means 2016 is strictly action and story progression and i don’t know about you but i’m excited." This feels true for me - 2015 wasn't my year. But I think that 2016 could be okay, if not really good.