Farewell 2014 ~ have a grumpy David Tennant to wave you goodbye.
Words don't feel like flowing tonight so I'll jump right into a few things of note that happened this year:
- I graduated from community college with an associate's degree
- Did lots of singing at church and started preparing for our ensemble's concert
- Had some great times with friends
- Worked on learning the violin with my Grandpa, which has been really nice
- Went on a trip with my family
- Got a job and got settled in it
- Did a fair amount of sewing and made some plushies
Rather unexpectedly, I ended up in some new fandoms this year, which I will now soppily remember:
- Sherlock series 3 - this wasn't new but it actually happened finally. Also, I cosplayed Molly Hooper at a con and it was fun.
- Emma Approved - it was so great to follow that this year and talk about it with my cousin.
- Broadchurch/Gracepoint - both shows reawakened my love for David Tennant and they were just so good.
- Cabin Pressure - Listened to pretty much all of it this year including the final episodes on December 23rd/24th. It is so quotable and many lines and games have permeated my house yellow car. Also John Finnemore is precious and has introduced me to some other fun things.
- Endeavour - I was thinking about when I watched s1e2 I didn't want to fall in love with it and didn't want it to be another Sherlock. Weellll changed my mind about that, I guess. But this show and its characters have meant a lot to me. That and Cabin Pressure have been really important to me.
- Roger Allam/Les Mis - The previous two also showed me how awesome Roger Allam is, and got me back into Les Miserables as I listened to him as Javert. He also introduced me to some new cool things.
- Inspector Morse/other - The show that inspired the prequel Endeavour, Inspector Morse was really great to watch as well this year. I love Morse and Lewis. Also watched a bit of Midsomer Murders, which ended up being a really fun show.
- These aren't all the shows I enjoyed but they stand out to me the most.
- Oh yeah and Matthew Wood followed me on instagram. What.
And now let's play how did I do on my new year's resolutions?
- Figure out, prepare for, and possibly take the next step in my life - this happened, but not in the way I expected. This may or may not carry over into the next year.
- Cosplay at least once - done! Molly Hooper, and a few closet cosplays for fun.
- Be more comfortable with myself - strangely yes.
- Post at least once a month here, and keep Gollum to the same - this will be my 12th post of the year but I posted twice for some months and missed others, so it evened out? Gollum wasn't so dedicated though...
- Make a video - I did record one and then decided I didn't want to edit or do anything with it, but I made it that far so I count this accomplished.
- Work on instead of surviving until good days (the weekend, events, etc) finding the good in ordinary or difficult days. - maybe a bit, and with my changeable schedule now it works a bit differently.
- Every day put a slip in a jar of something good that happened that day - halfway through January I knew this wasn't going to happen, but at another point during the year I did a similar happiness challenge for a few days. Maybe I needed it more then than the rest of the year.
I don't really have any firm resolutions this year, and the thing is my goals may change after a while, but here's a few ideas:
- Get back to learning Spanish (if anyone is on duolingo.com and wants to be friends let me know!)
- Write (and possibly post) fanfiction
- Assess my blogs and possibly improve them
- Read more - maybe do a reading challenge
I hope 2014 was good for you all, and whether it was or not that 2015 will be even better. Happy New Year everyone!