Pages

Sunday, March 9, 2014

Scarves, Problem Solving, and Photobombs

Haven't known what to write about for a while, so here are a few cool things I've come across lately.


Anyone play Super Mario 64? That will always be one of my favorite games, so it was really cool to find this Princess Peach stained glass window that apocaknits made! Makes me want to jump into it and go down a giant slide, if you know what I mean.



Set to Stunning is an awesome blog about geek chic fashion, and their diy Fridays posts are my favorite. This week they posted instructions to make a Star Wars infinity scarf, but you could use any fabric - licensed, patterned, or plain, - and just follow the simple (from first glance at least!) instructions. I love the look of scarves and found a make-shift infinity scarf really comfortable, so this would be fun to make sometime. If you're looking for a wider variety of fandom fabrics than you would find locally, I've heard Spoonflower is really great - though the fabrics are expensive, they have some really cool designs (I'd love a few yards of that Sherlock wallpaper!).



Random, but this gif really makes me laugh.



Self-explanatory and completely accurate.




If you saw Benedict Cumberbatch's photobomb at the Oscars, you probably thought how great a bookmark he would make. Whether you had such an inspiration or not, you can print and cut out the ones that mizjimmy created. Stick them in books or have them photobomb your own pictures.

This wasn't much of a post, but it was still something! That is all - have a good week!

6 comments:

  1. That Gandalf flow chart is perfect. hahahaha:) and Benedict's photobomb was priceless. lol:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, crazy Benedict. XD Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  2. Ooh, Set to Stunning has some really cool ideas, I'll have to try doing some of them! Haha that Gandalf chart is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool post! Those Star Wars scarves look cool(I also like scarves), I love the picture about Gandalf(so true!), and I agree, Benedict at the Oscars was hilarious XD.

    ReplyDelete