Pages

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Star Wars Challenge Day 30

The last day of the challenge - why you love Star Wars.

Well...one thing I love about Star Wars is the Jedi Order.

wookieepedia

I've been fascinated by their culture and teachings, and most of my favorite characters are Jedi.  I love reading about them, lightsaber techniques, and the Jedi Way.

Second is the creativity Star Wars has inspired.  Costumes, comics, fan fiction, fan art, crafts etc.  It's great to see fans get so into it and the amazing works they produce, and it's fun to try and follow in their footsteps with my small creations.

But what I love most about Star Wars is the community it creates.


For me, this has made my life better in three ways:

First, with offline friends - a young boy I had an air lightsaber duel with and then talked Star Wars for a while afterward, an obsessed girl I met once, a man at a recent event.  It gave us something to talk about, and without it I probably never would have had the chance to be friends with them.

Second, with online friends.  In January I joined The Lakehouse, a forum for Christian Star Wars fan girls (but you don't have to be a Christian to join!).  Throughout the past year, I've had so much fun there, the friends I've made are some of the nicest people, and I think it all has helped me be more confident in my geekyness.  If you haven't been there, I highly recommend you check it out!

Finally, with my brother.  Over the years we have had so much fun with Star Wars together, between role-plays, song parodies, Halloween costumes, arguments discussions, and more.  Between that and Lord of the Rings, we've become really close.

And there we have it!  I have so enjoyed doing this and I want to thank you all for reading and your comments.  They have greatly brightened this month for me!

But before we go, here is one of my favorite Star Wars-related videos.  Enjoy!


May the Lord be with you!

5 comments:

  1. Great post! I have really enjoyed reading and looking at everything you have posted on here :). I also love the Jedi Order(I was obsessed with them since I first saw Luke ignite his lightsaber in A New Hope) and most of my favorite characters are Jedi too. :)
    Oh, and I'll have to check out that "The Lake House forum.
    So, I hope you have a good day and May the Force be with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So you're saying those weren't arguments? Rather stressful, heated debates perhaps? hehehehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shena, thanks so much, and thank you for all your comments! Hope you have a good day too!

    You are my father - discussions. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the Jedi. I hope the were real outside our dreams. :)

    ReplyDelete