Pages

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Star Wars Challenge Day 16

"Photo of your Star Wars-related things."  Yay, something easy!



Here is my mishmash of Star Wars items. There is...
-R2D2 and Yoda
-Their paper counterparts: Yoda has an origami finger puppet made from directions in The Strange Case of Origami Yoda (and online), and R2 is a paper mailbox. In 2007 for the 30th anniversary of A New Hope, the USPS issued Star Wars stamps and set up a bunch of R2D2 mailboxes. On StarWars.com at the time there was a printable mailbox which I made.
-Lightsabers: two are storebought, and one I made with a papertowel tube, aluminum foil, construction paper, and other materials. It was mostly put together to see if it would work, and I could make a better one if I put more time into it.
-Celebration V souvenirs: I have my badge from the convention as well as a set of postcards I bought there. I've been meaning to display them but have somehow managed to put if off for over a year. Wow.
-Pez dispensers: might be from my brother's birthday.
-Books: The Star Wars Craft Book (which is cool but I don't have the materials for most of them), and The Jedi Path, which I absolutely love as a Jedi-obsessed fan.
-Nintendo DS games: Lego Star Wars II and the complete saga edition.  Love LSW II - it's different from the computer/gamecube editions and despite the glitches it's really fun.  Complete Saga is basically the same as the Wii version but as it is smaller the graphics aren't nearly as good.  Of course the advantage is you can take a DS places, but you can't really bring a Wii and TV into a waiting room...
-Santa Darth Vader bobblehead: this was from Christmas a couple years ago. I keep it on my shelf all year round - it's too funny and cute.
-Finally, my dear Obi-Wan action figure.


Books!  Our collection includes several Jedi Apprentice books, Jedi Quest, Rebel Force, Young Jedi Knights, and a few others stuck in there.  Most are out of print but can be found (usually for good prices) at Thriftbooks.com.

Not shown are Lego Star Wars sets, a Her Universe tee, and a couple costumes.

So there you go!  This was a lot of fun to put together.  Hope you had or will have a great day!

10 comments:

  1. Haha, your post is a lot shorter than mine! I'm interested to hear which LEGO Star Wars sets you have, because I love LEGOS almost as much as I love Star Wars!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Star Wars collection! Really cool!
    Oh, and your homemade lightsaber is totally epic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. IAYF: I think you should have stayed up all night putting the lego sets together and posted pictures of them

    Arda: I'm out of it for a little while and you have delusions of grandeur

    ReplyDelete
  4. Arda you have such cool stuff!!!!!! :D I love all the books too! ;) XD Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah - LOL, I think you've been a Star Wars fan much longer than I have! I'll post another comment with the sets soon.

    Shena - Thanks! The lightsaber was fun to make and pretty easy. If you like I can give you tips on how to make one yourself. :)

    YAMF - LOL! It might take longer than a night though! (love that line btw!)

    JC - Thanks! I think your collection is pretty awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sarah, here you go! Some are mine, probably most are my brother's, some both, but we share. :)

    X-wing Fighter (ESB)
    Mos Eisley Cantina
    Millennium Falcon
    Mini Imperial Shuttle
    Mini Star Destroyer
    General Grievous Chase
    Imperial Star Destroyer
    Jabba's Sail Barge
    Republic Cruiser
    Jedi Starfighter with Hyperdrive Boost Ring
    Death Star

    Looking through a bunch of sets on the Lego website made me miss building and playing with the minifigs. Maybe I'll get them out sometime soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. And Shena! Here's kind of what I did on my lightsaber, but feel free to get creative and do whatever you want! I based it off of my smaller plastic one but you can take designs from any lightsaber or come up with your own.

    -cover a paper towel tube with foil and secure (I used tape to make it go faster; I haven't tried glue on foil but I'm guessing that would be better.)

    To make designs you can use:
    -a pen (you'll get an indent and line)
    -construction paper (cut into different shapes, cut holes in it, draw on it with a pen, pencil, or silver colored pencil and glue/tape on)

    -for the red power button I used a sticker - construction paper would work too.

    -if you want to make a 3D part (like the yellow thing in the picture), you can cut tabs in paper so it's more bendable and attach them...kind of hard to describe with words.

    I left the top open and don't know what to do with it, but it'd be cool to close it with some sort of crystal inside. :)

    That's about it! Let me know if something's too vague or doesn't make sense and I'll try to elaborate. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool!!! I have and R2-D2 like that too. Awesome stuff!!

    ReplyDelete