Pages

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Star Wars Challenge Day 19

Favorite RotS moment...

Well, I had picked a part to talk about, but it turned into a lengthy discussion more about The Clone Wars than Revenge of the Sith.  I'll look into finishing and posting it later, but today is for RotS, specifically when Obi-Wan confronts General Grievous.

wookieepedia
I know I talked about this part before, but it wasn't long and it was either this or another Obi-Wan/Anakin friendship moment.

After watching from above for a short time, Obi-Wan leaves Boga (and yet another cloak) to confidently leap down right in front of Grievous and in the middle of a large number of blasters turning toward him.

During a panel at Celebration V, Dave Filoni mentioned a cool moment of Ewan McGregor's acting that I hadn't noticed before.  General Grievous ignites his four lightsabers and starts spinning two so that they scrape the floor.  As he advances toward Obi-Wan in this manner, the Jedi Master gets this little smile on his face; the grin of a skilled warrior.  I thought that was pretty neat.

And of course the rest of the scene is cool too, with the dialog between the two and the initial clashes of their battle.

By the way, any idea how many cloaks Obi-Wan loses throughout the movies?  The Jedi seamstresses must hate him...

May the Lord be with you!

2 comments:

  1. Good choice! Obi-Wan's duel with Grievous is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If only I had 4 lightsabers...wait then I'll need four arms. Forget that part. LOL The seamtress must hate him!! :)

    ReplyDelete