Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Star Wars Challenge Day 29

Best personal Star Wars memory...

I'm not sure if it's my favorite, but in the summer of 2010 my brother and I were able to go to Star Wars Celebration V!

wookieepedia

The whole experience was very cool, but here are a few highlights:

Meeting Ashley Eckstein - I love her!  We found the Her Universe booth in the exhibit hall and she was there talking to fans.  A big thank you to my brother for getting us to talk to her; I would have chickened out otherwise!  Although I was awkward the whole time we chatted and took pictures, I was so thrilled to meet her!

TCW panel - In the afternoon, I went to a TCW behind-the-scenes panel with Dave Filoni.  It was really interesting and fun and I learned a lot about the show, but the best part was that Dave mentioned Lord of the Rings - twice!  I love him forever now.

The costumes - My favorite part of the event!  The fan's costumes were amazing!  How cool it was to walk among Jedi, Padm├ęs, Darth Vaders, and so many more.  There were three guys dressed as Jedi versions of Mario, Luigi, and Toad - I hope they come next time!  And as we were leaving, we saw Darth Vader have a lightsaber duel with Darth Nihilus (I looked that up) which was really cool.

I am so thankful that we were able to go, and I cannot wait until Celebration VI!

There are a few other memories that are dear to my heart, but I think they'll fit into tomorrow's post - the last day of this challenge!  Until then, may the Lord be with you!

6 comments:

  1. Awesome! I probably be going to Celebration VI next summer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yaaay, maybe I'll be able to meet you! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man, I'm jealous that you got to go to Celebration V, and I'm super jealous that you're going to Celebration VI.

    And omg yes, I love seeing the costumes at conventions! It's amazing how much work people put into them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I certainly hope so! That would be awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah, I think it's pretty cool that you got to go to Dragon*Con. ;) And they have other things besides Star Wars!

    ReplyDelete
  6. COOOL!!! I've always anted to go! :) Glad ou had a good time.

    ReplyDelete