Pages

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Star Wars Challenge Day 29

Best personal Star Wars memory...

I'm not sure if it's my favorite, but in the summer of 2010 my brother and I were able to go to Star Wars Celebration V!

wookieepedia

The whole experience was very cool, but here are a few highlights:

Meeting Ashley Eckstein - I love her!  We found the Her Universe booth in the exhibit hall and she was there talking to fans.  A big thank you to my brother for getting us to talk to her; I would have chickened out otherwise!  Although I was awkward the whole time we chatted and took pictures, I was so thrilled to meet her!

TCW panel - In the afternoon, I went to a TCW behind-the-scenes panel with Dave Filoni.  It was really interesting and fun and I learned a lot about the show, but the best part was that Dave mentioned Lord of the Rings - twice!  I love him forever now.

The costumes - My favorite part of the event!  The fan's costumes were amazing!  How cool it was to walk among Jedi, Padmés, Darth Vaders, and so many more.  There were three guys dressed as Jedi versions of Mario, Luigi, and Toad - I hope they come next time!  And as we were leaving, we saw Darth Vader have a lightsaber duel with Darth Nihilus (I looked that up) which was really cool.

I am so thankful that we were able to go, and I cannot wait until Celebration VI!

There are a few other memories that are dear to my heart, but I think they'll fit into tomorrow's post - the last day of this challenge!  Until then, may the Lord be with you!

6 comments:

  1. Awesome! I probably be going to Celebration VI next summer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yaaay, maybe I'll be able to meet you! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man, I'm jealous that you got to go to Celebration V, and I'm super jealous that you're going to Celebration VI.

    And omg yes, I love seeing the costumes at conventions! It's amazing how much work people put into them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I certainly hope so! That would be awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah, I think it's pretty cool that you got to go to Dragon*Con. ;) And they have other things besides Star Wars!

    ReplyDelete
  6. COOOL!!! I've always anted to go! :) Glad ou had a good time.

    ReplyDelete