Pages

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Star Wars Challenge Day 25 & 26

Hey everyone!  I didn't have time to post yesterday, so I'll be combining two days.

First is favorite EU book.

I love the EU, especially the rise of the Empire era, and Jude Watson's books are one of my favorite parts of Star Wars.  My favorite of them would have to be Jedi Apprentice Special Edition: Deceptions.

wookieepedia
It takes place both before and after The Phantom Menace, so it has Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, and Anakin, which is a big plus for me.  In the first half of the book, Obi-Wan is accused of killing a fellow Jedi trainee.  The second half includes Anakin as a twelve-year-old and characters introduced in the first half.  When I first got it from the library, I think I read it three times before it had to be returned.

My number two is Jedi Quest: The Changing of the Guard - one of the funniest in the series!


Today's prompt is favorite Obi-Wan quote, and here are a few I really like:


"The Force is what gives a Jedi his power. It's an energy field created by all living things. It surrounds us and penetrates us.  It binds the galaxy together."

"The Force will be with you...always."

"Oh...yes."

"Oh, I don't think so."

"You were the Chosen One!


"Sith Lords are our speciality."

And probably several others that I'm not thinking of right now - you know how much I like Obi-Wan!

I hope all you Americans had a great Thanksgiving, and to all, may the Lord be with you!

6 comments:

  1. Awesome post! Both those books are awesome!
    And I love you're quote choices! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Changing of the Guard was funny. :) I liked the Last of the Jedi series the best though..... the last book made me cry......

    *gack* I didn't know you didn't live in America! Across the pond, then? ;)

    Great post! Obi-Wan forever. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no, I do live in America! I just said that because at least one of my followers is from Canada. :)

    But I do sometimes wish that I had a real European accent. ;)

    [SPOILERS FOR LAST OF THE JEDI]
    I think I was close to crying in that book too, and I was so surprised at the end that Ferus didn't die! I was sure that he would be dead!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, hahahha..... that makes sense ;) I fake several different British accents too ;)

    Ferus is epic. Oh, my gosh... and when Trever *cough* got *cough* mind- *cough* swiped- *cough cough COUGH* I thought I was going to bawl. 'Cause Ferus was all, "Get your hero's walk back, Trever..." and all that, ooohh.... *bawls*

    ReplyDelete
  5. That. was. so. sad! I prefer Jude Watson's other series to Last of the Jedi, but you're reminding me that I did enjoy it too! But gosh, that book had me down for a while afterward.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I liked that book too. I haven't read the Changing of the Guard. Our library doesn't have it! I should just buy it.

    ReplyDelete