Pages

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Star Wars Challenge Day 2

Today's prompt is "Favorite member of the rebellion."  For me...

Luke Skywalker!

wookieepedia

"I am a Jedi, like my father before me."

Two things about him really stand out at me.  One, as a farmboy on Tatooine, he's always looking to the horizon, dreaming about adventure.  Although Yoda wasn't too crazy about this trait, it's an easy one to relate to.  Here I am gazing out at my upcoming life, wondering what I'll do and life as an adult will be like.  And like Yoda also said, how often is my mind away from where I am and what I'm doing?  For Luke, his dreams were realized, probably more dramatically than he imagined.  We, on the other hand, will likely have quite a different fate.  Although I can imagine it, there's not going to be an elderly man in my neighborhood who one day tells me that I'm Force-sensitive and we run off to save the world from a meteorite or something.  But whatever we do, we can put our all into it, and change the world in our own way.

This is getting more inspirational than I intended.

The other thing is how he'll give anything for his friends.  Flying into the Death Star, racing to Cloud City, and giving himself up to Vader and the Emperor, Luke doesn't let doubt get to him.  Each of those three times, someone told him that he was crazy, and maybe he was.  But he would rather risk himself than let his friends suffer.  "No greater love is there than this, to lay down one's life for one's friends."  I bet Luke would do that.  And that's a great example to follow.

Since Luke is so great, wouldn't you just love to meet him?


Thanks for reading, and may the Lord be with you!

4 comments:

  1. Oh Luke...why aren't you real and why can't we be best friends. ;_;

    Great post! (although tbh any post talking about how great Luke is will be an awesome post so...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, you are officially my new favorite person :D Obi Wan and now Luke Skywalker! Man! *smiles muchly*

    Great post, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for your comments! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would like to meet him. He might be able to show me a few lightsaber moves.

    LOL I like that Darth Vader pic. :) Luke will beat him.

    ReplyDelete