Pages

Monday, January 2, 2017

Happy New Year

 
Happy new year, friends! I hope you have a blessed year full of joy, peace, growth, and love.

I return for my annual new year's post, this time skipping the year highlights and going straight into the resolutions, since they talk a bit about my year anyway.

Last year's resolutions:

Post another fanfic (in addition to the one mentioned above which will hopefully be this week)
Welll I didn't end up posting that week, but I did later. I posted some more fanfiction to tumblr that hasn't made it onto AO3 yet, but I'm going to say this is basically fulfilled.

Do at least 3 song "collabs" (whether with another person or me recording multiple parts)
Done! Did two videos on my own and the last one with Misty just before Christmas. Had a lot of fun on these, especially using costumes and editing tricks.

Read two books to the end (let's set the bar low)
I read seven!! I started with The Epic Adventures of Lydia Bennet and then read six Agatha Christie books, which I enjoyed immensely. Technically I have read more than this because of friends' books, but I haven't kept track.

Keep working on Spanish
Not so much. I may have done some early in the year, but I can't remember the last time I went on duolingo. Going to say unfulfilled.

Learn something new or improve something I'm new to (creation-wise, like ukulele or video editing)
I learned a lot in video editing this year and made a ukulele cover of a song, so basically did that. 


This year's resolutions:

Read three books
Still setting the bar low in case I don't have another Christie-obsessed summer, but I'm hopeful I can read more like I did this past year.

Keep making videos
This was a big source of enjoyment and life this year, and something I would like to continue and see what I can do with.

Write fanfiction
It would be nice to post some too, but I at least want to try writing more. Even if it's self-indulgent trash that never sees the light of day, I think it would be good to try.

Talk more
In some friendships and on social media (my main source of interaction outside my family), I don't say much, and I think trying to talk more in some settings could be beneficial in multiple ways. Or at least experimenting and seeing how it goes.

Reduce stress and address tension headaches
Headaches have always been a thing for me, but the tension headaches were pretty consistent this year (with long school days and some social situations being the common culprits). I'd like to try a few things to manage stress better and find ways to reduce stress in headache-inducing circumstances so I can function better and, well, have less pain.

Try yoga, dance, and weight training (at least once)
Also aiming quite low here, but at least trying each of these would be a step. I'm in my 20s, my body is at its best right now, and it's a good time to strengthen bones, so bring on those youtube tutorials. 

Have a life outside of school
Yep. Stress relief for one, knowing something good is out there, and to be honest, it would be helpful to have something to talk about beside school.

Watch a new show
I've been wanting to try Grantchester, or The Sarah Jane Adventures since I've only seen season 1, or one of those WWII dramas I have saved on netflix. 


That's kind of a lot of resolutions, but maybe I can focus on one or a few at a time. I'm hoping that even if some of these are kind of little things, they could make a big positive difference in my life.

Thanks for reading, guys. What are you hoping to do in the new year?

10 comments:

  1. YAY FOR FANFICS, COLLABS, BOOKS(some of mine, YAY!), UKULELES!

    And those are some good resolutions for 2017! I bet if you add them each, one at a time then it will all slowly fall into place. :)))

    ~Misty*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :)))

      Yeah, I think taking it a bit at a time would help it all come together. :)

      Delete
  2. I love Duolingo!!
    Good luck with your new resolutions :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year (sorry I'm late, I didn't see that you'd posted until now). :)
    Glad that you accomplished several of your resolutions from last year and I hope you accomplish your new ones.
    I agree, working out is really nice, since you get more energy and endurance, so you can run around and impress everyone XD And definitely having more to do besides school helps, since I know I was thankful to be doing things like being in the play and Taekwondo (since it makes things more fun). And talking more to friends is one for me as well.
    Hope you have a fantastic (I'm the Ninth Doctor, now XD) 2017! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and same to you! (well I never post so XD)
      Thank you for your comment! :) <3 Hehe yes that would be one advantage to working out. XD Yeah definitely, and that's great it worked out for you! :)
      Yesss XD And I hope you have a brilliant 2017! Allons-y! ;)

      Delete
  4. You should try aerial silks, I have ALWAYS wanted to do that.

    ReplyDelete