Pages

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Farewell Summer


I don't have much school this week as one subject we were planning still and a couple classes that I'm taking outside of my homeschool courses will start next week.  So I just did a quick introductory Geography lesson today.  To try and keep my mind on it and keep my hands busy, my dear friend Obi-Wan joined me.  I believe he did actually help.  Last year a few times during a boring subject I would imagine I was Padawan in a class at the Jedi Temple who kept getting distracted.  I don't remember it working that great.  Maybe I was role-playing this distracted Padawan a little too well...

And with the start of school comes the end of summer...  It was really nice.  I spent the first week and a half obsessing over the video game Professor Layton and the Unwound Future and the following weeks obsessing over Layton fan fiction, even writing a couple one-shots.  I think I set a record for the most time spent on the internet this summer...  But it's been fun and relaxing.  And now I say farewell to the long lazy days of summer and try to get my mind back in reality and do well in school.

Well...do well in school at least.  I don't think there's much of a chance of my Jedi/hobbit mind coming back to "reality" anytime soon.

But I kind of like it that way.

8 comments:

  1. i know where did summer go. i get where your coming from. i have a jedi mind sometimes 2. i'm sort of jedi appretence in college trying to become a knight. so far still going to the temple for training and hopefully go to the trails in May. may the force be with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. May the force be with you,Padawan Arda.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like the picture.
    ~M

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrads you've been awarded the liebster award

    http://aalyarain.blogspot.com/2011/08/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. congrads you've been awarded the liebster award

    http://aalyarain.blogspot.com/2011/08/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, thank you so much Aayla!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the picture! I love being a Jedi Apprentice as well :)

    ReplyDelete